Basil Tomato Soup
Ready in 45 minutes
Calories 191kcals per serving
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, and garlic and gently sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add basil, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Then, take off heat and let cool down.
- Use a hand blender to purée the soup. Alternatively, you can purée in batches in a food processor or blender.
- Purée lightly if you like your soup chunky. If you prefer the soup smooth then purée it fully and for a longer amount of time.