Meditteranean Vegetable Stew with Lamb
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 250g lean lamb fillet, trimmed of any fat and thinly sliced
- 140g shallot, halved
- 2 large courgettes, cut into chunks
- ½ tsp each ground cumin, paprika and ground coriander
- 1 red, 1 orange and 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Cook the lamb and shallots over high heat for 2-3 mins until golden. Add the courgettes and stir-fry for 3-4 mins until beginning to soften
- Add the spices and toss well, then add the peppers and garlic. Reduce the heat and cook over a moderate heat for 4-5 mins until they start to soften.
- Pour in the stock and stir to coat. Add the tomatoes, season, then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally until the veg are tender. Stir through the coriander to serve.