The beauty of intermittent fasting is that you can still enjoy your favourite foods - just in a more mindful way. We've compiled a couple of our favourite desert recipes that you can actually fit into your Fasting Days.
Chocolate & Pistachio Coins : 75 kcals per serving
100g plain dark chocolate 85% +
25g unsalted raw pistachios
1. Line a medium-sized baking tray with baking paper.
2. Carefully melt chocolate, either slowly in a microwave or a bain-marie.
3. Using a teaspoon, pour spoonfuls of chocolate onto the baking tray.
4. Scatter with pistachios (you can substitute for coconut flakes or other nuts)
5. Pop them in the fridge for a couple of hours until set.
Chocolate Beetroot Brownies : 128 kcals per serving
75g plain dark chocolate 85% +
275g cooked beetroot
3 large eggs
100g coconut oil
60g cocoa powder - use our Protein Me shake instead for an extra boost.
100g soft pitted dates
100g wholemeal self-raising flower
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 200C and grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm loose-based square cake tin.
2. We recommend using a food processor, ( can use a blender if you don't have one) and blend beetroot, eggs, cocoa powder, dates and coconut oil in a until combined.
3. Then add in the cinnamon, flour and the bicarbonate of soda (don't forget a pinch of salt) and blend until everything is fully combined.
4. Chop the chocolate into chunks then stir into the mixture.
5. Pour into the baking tray and ensure the mixture is evenly distributed.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes or until the mix has just risen and is firm and springy.
7. Allow the brownies to cool fully, then cut into squares and enjoy!
Pineapple Cheesecake Bars: 130 kcals per serving
100g digestive crumbs
2 tbsp melted butter
170g low-fat/ light cream cheese
100g low-fat Greek yogurt
2 large eggs, plus 1 large egg yolk
50ml pineapple juice
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 130C fan. Line the bottom and sides of an 20cm x 20cm baking tray - leaving an overhang on all sides to easily lift the bars out of the pan before cutting. Set aside.
2. Make The Base: Mix digestive crumbs and butter in a medium bowl until combined, then press mixture into prepared baking tin and bake for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside to cool.
3. Make The Topping: Using a hand mixer beat the cream cheese until completely smooth. Mix in the yogurt until completely combined, then beat in eggs and egg yolk until combined. Finally, beat in sugar, pineapple juice, and vanilla until everything is combined and smooth.
4.Pour the topping onto the base t and bake for 30 minutes (or until the centre of the bars no longer jiggles). Cool the bars on a for around 30 minutes, then refrigerate until firm.
5.Once chilled, slice them up and enjoy!