Healthy Banana Muffins
Makes 6 muffins. The bananas add the sweetness and the wholemeal flour has plenty of fibre and should keep you fuller for longer :)
- 125g Flour (ideally wholemeal)
- 3 level teaspoons of muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 medium egg - beaten
- 50g plain 9% fat yoghurt
- 50ml rapeseed (or odourless) oil, plus a little extra for greasing
- 2 ripe banana's, roughly mashed
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line a six-hole muffin tin with muffin cases or grease it.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg, yoghurt and oil. Make a well in the flour, pour in the liquid and mix well. Stir in the mashed bananas, taking care not over-mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared cases and bake for 20–30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool.