- soft dates 160g, chopped
- smooth peanut or almond butter 60g
- agave syrup 40g, (use honey for a non-vegan version)
- sunflower seeds 4 tbsp
- chia seeds 4 tbsp
- porridge oats 100g
- roasted peanuts or almonds 50g, roughly chopped
- Blitz the dates in a food processor until finely chopped and they’ve come together into a ball/paste. Add 1 tbsp boiling water if they aren’t sticking. Heat the nut butter and honey very gently in a pan until it becomes a smooth, pourable mix.
- Stir all the remaining ingredients and the dates in a large bowl, then pour over the nut butter and honey mix. Mix really well (kneading with your hands to break up the dates) until everything is evenly distributed.
- Line a 20cm square tin or container with baking parchment, and tip the mix in. Press the mixture into the sides and pack down with the back of a spoon. Cover and chill for 20 minutes, before cutting into bars. Keep the bars in the fridge or in an airtight container for 3 days, or freeze and thaw overnight at room temperature if you want to keep them longer.