Pumpkin, Halloumi & Chilli Omelette
Calories 339 kcals per serving.
Ready in 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 175g halloumi cheese, sliced
- 500g pumpkin or butternut squash
- 2 red chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tsp cider or balsamic vinegar
- Small bunch of mint, roughly chopped (optional)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the halloumi for 1-2 mins on each side until golden, remove from the pan and set aside. Add the remaining oil to the pan, then cook the squash for about 10 mins, until soft and starting to colour.
- Add the chilli and garlic and cook for a further 2 mins. Pour over the vinegar, then put the halloumi back into the pan, scatter over the mint and pour on the eggs. Cook for 5 mins until the base is set.
- Heat the grill to high. Flash the omelette under the grill for 5 mins until puffed up and golden. Serve immediately or allow to cool and serve cold with a salad if you like.